Comedy team Riley Roam and Kenny Mikey will entertain with the Adventures of Page Turner, “World Famous Storyologist” in Calcasieu Parish Public Library locations July 16 - 20. A cross between Indiana Jones and Mary Poppins, Page Turner travels the world collecting, telling and writing stories, In “The Great Pizza Contest”, they will tell a hilarious tale of conflict resolution. All library programs are free and open to the public.
The Page Turner Adventures can be seen at the following times, dates and locations:
Monday, July 16:
- 10 a.m. at the Sulphur Regional Library, 1160 Cypress St., 721-7141.
- 2 p.m. at the DeQuincy Library, 102 W. Harrison St., 786-4213 (DeQuincy residents) or 721-7087.
Tuesday, July 17:
- 10 a.m. at the Central Library, 301 W. Claude St., 721-7116.
- 2 p.m. at the Carnegie Memorial Library, 411 Pujo St., 721-7084.
Wednesday, July 18:
- 10 a.m. at the Moss Bluff Library, 261 Parish Road, 721-7128.
- 2 p.m. at the Iowa Library, 107 E. 1st St., 582-3597 (Iowa residents) or 721-7101.
Thursday, July 19:
- 10 a.m. at the Fontenot Memorial Library, 1402 Center St., Vinton, 721-7095.
- 2 p.m. at the Starks Library, 113 S. Hwy. 109, 743-6560 (Starks residents) or 721-7107.
Friday, July 20:
- 10 a.m. at the Westlake Library, 937 Mulberry St., 721-7113.
- 2 p.m. at the Epps Memorial Library, 1320 N. Simmons St., 721-7090.
Who makes the best pizza in the town of Mozzarella - Vincent Van Dough or Leonardo Da Munchi?
When everyone in town takes sides and begins arguing, Mayor Ann Chovi decides to hold the Great Pizza Contest. The entire audience becomes the main character in this hilarious tale, and helps Mayor Ann Chovi decide once and for all who makes the best pizza in town! The Great Pizza Contest is presented by the Emmy Award Winning Team at Page Turner Adventures, and based on the book by Riley Roam. The books will be available and Riley will autograph books after the show.
Riley Roam plays the intrepid Storyologist, and her bumbling assistant is played by former Ringling Brothers clown Kenny Mikey. The Emmy award winning duo has wowed thousands of children at schools, libraries, and theaters nationwide with their one-of-a-kind brand of educational entertainment.
The duo’s iParenting Award winning video series “This is ONLY a Test!” is seen in schools across the
country and their productions have aired on FOX Kids, PBS, The Travel Channel and at Scholastic Book Fairs throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Riley and Kenny were recently asked to partner with the International Reading Association as video hosts and online content producers where they are excited to share their motto: “When You Read, Every Day is an Adventure!”
This program is supported by a grant from the Louisiana Division of the Arts, Office of Cultural Development, Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism in cooperation with the Louisiana State Arts Council as administered by the Arts and Humanities Council of SWLA.
For information on the programs, services and resources of the Calcasieu Parish Public Library, please visit us on the web at www.calcasieulibrary.org or call 337-721-7116.